Friday, February 13, 2009

Conclusion of Jeanie's Visit

The most recent blog entries have been done exclusively by Michael. Though it’s been exactly two weeks since Jeanie left to go back to the U.S., I’m just now feeling caught up from the things I left undone while she was here. It was worth it though! What a special blessing to have her here with us. She has gotten a little bird’s eye view into our time here: a time that we will be talking about for years to come.

Jeanie had written a blog entry just as she left, and though I’m a little delayed in posting it, I thought you might enjoy reading a little of it:

It’s been very interesting and enlightening as to what my sister and her family do while living here in Jos, Nigeria. I feel like I know how to pray for them, the people they work with and minister to in a more effective and specific way. It’s amazing all that they do here. It’s nonstop activity from BEFORE sunrise to AFTER sunset.

I’ve enjoyed meeting many of the missionaries here and their kids..... So many people from different backgrounds working towards the same goal, sharing the love of Christ. So many different ways of accomplishing it too.

. . . What I’ve been so impressed with is how much more connected people are here. Our usual greeting to one another in the States is “How are YOU doing?” Here, they want to genuinely know how you, your family and work are doing. The people here are so warm and receptive.

It was a little tearful saying goodbye at the airport, but I trust that in just four short months, we will be greeting one another at another airport, this time in very far away Vancouver. Before that time, there is much work to do right here in Jos, Nigeria!

Lisa

No comments: