Friday, February 13, 2009

End of First Semester and Student Feedback

I am just about to turn in grades for the first semester. A new semester has begun. . .

In an effort to improve upon my teaching methods, I offered my students an opportunity for extra credit by turning in a student evaluation form. All but one student took me up on my offer. Since our family and friends have made it possible for me to be at JETS (Jos/ECWA Theological Seminary) as a teacher, I thought I would share some of the results with you. (Jeanie suggested that I do this while she was here.)

I purposely did not edit the students’ writing errors; it will give you a little feel for their needs (and what I am working with.) By the way, only the cream of the crop make their way into JETS; these students are being groomed for key positions within the Nigerian church.

What did you like most about this class?

I like the method of Mrs. Mitchell teaching. She treated in an easy understanding. I am happy because I am one of her student. I like this class because all the student are faithfull to their studies.

I like all the activities and also the puntuality of the teacher. The teacher is so patient in answering questions and also been friendly thats good ma!
(Those of you who know me and my tendency to run late might get a good laugh out of that comment!)

The notes provided to us is just wonderful, and the way we students flow with the teacher is excellent. I also love the vocabulary, and the way you make pronounciation is really improving mine own pronouncement. I again love the practicals we do in the class because my personal problem with english grammar is my foundation.


What did you like least about this class?

nothing.

I like least about this class because of the improvement I had I don’t think I can forgate the class In fact almost I like every thing in this class it helped me much

Nothing bad about the class I love everything about her class from her to how she teaches is lovely she does it the Native English speakers style.


What do you think the teacher can do to make this class better?

She can carry on. And God bless her

I want our teacher to continue with her teaching method, and this will help me, my friends even at home to learn and have the experience in English language. This will give the pattern to have a practical English languages.

I want the teacher to apply here at JETS so that she could a perminent lecturer have.


Other comments? (Use other side of paper if needed.)

I personally want to appreciate God for having you as my English lecturer because your present has improved my English, and it also made an impact to my learning. Actual my words cannot appreciate you proper, but I know that God will reward you with his abundance blessings.

I thank God for helping the teacher to teach me well. I am glad that I belong to a class where the source of English Language originates.

I whan to tall you that, the impack which you have make in my life will NIVER BE IN VAIN

Please don’t stop helping us


Thanks again for partnering with me in teaching these students in the name of Christ! I am really excited at the progress I am seeing them make.

Lisa

1 comment:

Steve said...

Lisa, I'm thankful to God for the impact and blessing you are to these people! I've heard it said (Howard Hendricks, I think)that the 2 most important qualities of an excellent teacher is that she love her subject and love her students. That's you! -Steve