Friday, May 29, 2009

Last Surgery



I had hoped to spend more time with administrative duties in my last couple of weeks, but there were a number of surgeries that needed to be done and only I could do. So needless to say, it has been busy for us up to the end.
On Wednesday, the 27th May, I operated on a nice elderly woman who desperately wanted to have her large tumor removed. We have been trying to get her medically ready for surgery, since she says she is 90 years old.
The surgery went well and she did very well after the surgery. We were all pleased. It was another major event as we finish up in Nigeria. I thank God that everything went so well.

Another closure event was a “Sendforth” dinner last night for the missionary doctors that was attended by all the doctors of Evangel Hospital. It was a very nice time. I received a couple of nice gifts and had the opportunity to thank the medical staff for being such great students.


Michael Mitchell, MD

No comments: